Thursday, April 23, 2009

A Simple Fix


A member of the guild I belong to was having huge problems trying to free motion quilt. She has the same sewing machine that I have. I told her to bring it to the high school where I teach the beginner quilt class. I had a feeling I knew what the problem was.


Sure enough, the thread had just come out of the take up lever. This is a design flaw with our brand of sewing machine. It makes a certain noise and then jams up. We have learned just what this means and can easily fix it.


I wish all problems could be fixed just like that. Identify the problem, fix it quickly and then move on. It would make for a much happier world for sure.


Find a problem TODAY in your life and fix it. Do not put it off. Keep it simple if you must. You can just sort through that stack of papers sitting there. Or resolve to change something in your behavior that troubles you. Change the inner voice that talks to you. Tell it you are no longer going to think that negative thought.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As I have told you, you need to put these into a book. Do I have to try to find a publisher for you?