I decided to cut up all my 1930's fabrics into the tumbler shape. I am not even sure why I bought these but they have not been used much.
Once again, these quilts went together super fast and I figured out the border sizes for future ones. This will bust all that stash and produce about 4 - 6 more quilts for the children at our local hospital.
I tried the teardrop free motion quilt pattern on these and really like that. I spaced the shapes far enough apart that the quilt will be soft and not quilted into a board.
I received the Accuquilt Tumbler die and decided to work on busting some scraps and cut up fat quarters. I cut them very quickly with my accuquilt which I totally love. I used the pattern that came with the die.
I think the next one I will make will have borders. They have you quilt it and then trim off the odd shapes on the sides. I just like the way a border finishes a quilt.
I have a bunch of small pieces of 1930's kid type fabrics all cut and ready to go on a few small quilts for our hospital. These are so much fun and so quick to put together.
This quilt will be donated to our local Hospice through my guild. I did a leafy vine for the quilting. The teardrop and scallop takes a long time and alot of thread.