Sunday, November 6, 2011

Two More For The Soldiers


This first quilt is from a pattern from the Moda Bake Shop. It was fun until I got to the point that I realized the blocks were no where near the same size. It is all bias edges and I am guessing that was one cause of the problem. I decided there was nothing else to do other than make them all the same size. So that is what I did.

I will NOT make this quilt again but in spite of many mistakes turned out very interesting looking.



The next quilt is from a pattern called Fractured Nine Patch. It is put together like a regular nine patch and then cut apart. I used up all my red white and blue charms and even had to cut more. This is really fun to make. I decided to sash the blocks to calm it down a bit. I ran out of that material and could not do the outer edges. I just decided to add an inner border.

I have several charm packs and will use them in this pattern. This one is a keeper.
The other one is in the recycle pile never to see the light of day from ME.

3 comments:

Alison said...

I've see the star quilt on MBS and have thought about trying it myself! It sure looks beautious though, despite your troubles! Definitely a great thing you are doing for the troops!

Kathie said...

Both wonderful. The first one sure looks complicated. Lots of patterns I try and say never again!

hanna said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.