Thursday, June 28, 2007

Irish Chain Quilt Piecing Complete



I feel like I have given birth to a HUGE quilt. This is a pattern by Eleanor Burns who I think is a wonderful teacher. I saw this quilt on the bed of a friend when I stayed at her lovely house. I decided to do it in blue and yellow...sort of scrappy with fabric from my stash.

It went together quite well. I have never done a Seminole broder before but this was not hard at all. Her directions were excellent. I think I found an error on the cornerstones but figured out the right size to cut those squares.

Now I am hoping to quilt this on my new Janome that I bought in Paducah at the big quilt show. I will put it away for a bit so I am sort of tired of working on it. I will have to rearrange my whole sewing room so I can put a table behind the machine to help support the weight of it.

3 comments:

Mary Lynn said...

Eileen, your quilt is lovely.

Annie's Attic said...

I found it, Eileen, and it's a beauty - I love the seminole border too. Someday, I want to make another one in a different colorway. Love your blog.

Quilty Pleasures said...

I love your quilt! Which book did you get the pattern out of?