Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Block of The Month Fun



We finally have a quilt shop fairly close to where I live. I am not good on mileage but it takes about half on hour to get there from my house. It is a nice drive with only a couple of traffic lights.

http://www.oldetownestitchery.com/Home_Page.html


They have a program with a block every month with no charge for the pattern. They just require that you buy the fabric from them. At the end of the year they will be displayed in the shop and voted on. The winner will receive a $50 gift certificate.

I chose a fabric line that I think will be suitable for Quilts Of Valor. It is by Marcus Brothers and is called Bonnie Blues---or close to that. I bought several fat quarters to play around with for the first 2 blocks.

Here are the first 2 blocks I have made. It is always such a joy to use quilt shop fabric and I took my time making sure things lined up right. When you make lots of charity quilts, you get fast as they do not have to be perfect.

3 comments:

Kathie said...

I have a couple of those fabrics myself. Nice job on the blocks.

Kathie L.

Jan said...

Love that fabric and love those blocks Eileen! And OMG on that vulcher below! We've got a ton of hawks flying around down here ... one of 'em actually snatched up a poodle while her Owner was walking her! Needless to say, I've been watching Dolly like a hawk!

Anonymous said...

Do you have copy writer for so good articles? If so please give me contacts, because this really rocks! :)