Monday, September 7, 2009

Quilts With Hugs

I just sent out a bunch of quilts for the families of a Hero who gave his life for us. There are numerous children involved in these families. I wanted to make sure each one got their own quilt.
So here are the pictures of the ones they are getting.





This quilt is for his wife who is excepting a baby soon.



This quilt is for his 6 year old son from his first marriage.



This quilt is for his 9 year son from his first marriage.



This quilt is for his 2 year old son.



This is for his unborn baby that is wife is carrying.

I was a young person during the Vietnam War and remember how the military was treated during that time. A very shameful period in our history. We have learned from our mistakes and are doing a much better time now. This is just my little way to help these families. I hope they wrap these quilts around themselves and feel the love.

3 comments:

Kathie said...

Very nice quilts Eileen.

Kathie

Jan said...

What beautiful and generous gifts to the family Eileen!!! You my dear done good :)

Anonymous said...

You have done a marvelous thing and your work is greatly appreciated I am sure! Kudo's to YOU!

If I may inquire, Where did you find the material for the Thomas Train quilt.. I have a two year old that is so into Thomas Trains and Family! I would love to do one as such for him.. If you don't mind letting me know.. Thanks a million..

Sharon... roseOfsharon