I am so excited. I entered a writing contest at HQ (the company that makes my quilting machine) and I am one of the winners!!! I used that wonderful letter about the recipient of one of my Quilts Of Valor.
Congratulations! Your HQ Story has been chosen as one we will feature in an upcoming Handi Quilter magazine ad. This is your invitation to attend the HQ Story Retreat in Salt Lake City!
I’d like to invite you to attend the HQ Story Retreat at the Handi Quilter Studio in North Salt Lake, Utah, on September 27- 29, 2009. You must plan to travel to Utah on September 27, arriving in time for our 6:00 p.m. dinner together. You will return home the afternoon of September 29. Some who fly home to the east coast may need to stay overnight, September 29, and fly home the morning of September 30
What We’ll Pay For
Handi Quilter will cover all of the following expenses:
1. Roundtrip airfare to Salt Lake City (or fuel reimbursement if driving)
2. Ground transportation while in Salt Lake City
3. Double occupancy hotel accommodations while you are here (up to three nights)
4. Six meals (9/27 dinner, 9/28 breakfast, lunch, dinner, 9/29 breakfast and lunch)
5. HQ Story Retreat, including all materials used during the hands-on retreat in the Handi Quilter Studio
The HQ Story Retreat will include the following classes (suitable for all machines)
1. TNT : Threads, Needles and Tension. Learn the basics of operating your Handi Quilter machine. While this will be a review for some, we promise that even the veteran machine quilters will learn something new.
2. Threads. How many different threads do you use for quilting? We’re going to show you to how deal with many different weights and types of threads. When you leave, you, too, will say, “I can use ANY KIND of THREAD on my HQ machine!”
3. How to Quilt It with Suzanne Hyland.
In addition to the educational opportunities offered at the retreat, here are some things to look forward to:
1. Dinner at CEO Mark Hyland’s mountain home
2. Handi Quilter gift bag
3. Shopping at one of our favorite SLC quilt shops
4. Show and tell with the other winners
WOW is all I can say. I will post my story that won tomorrow. They want to feature Quilts Of Valor in my ad.
1 year ago