Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year 2008 Will be great



I started off the New Year by finishing a quilt for my oldest son. He lives in Las Vegas and was given the gift of music when he was born. He plays several different instruments and has a marvelous singing voice. He did not get any of this from me or his Dad.

I found the perfect fabric and was able to purchase only 1 yard. I had to come up with a pattern showcasing the orchestra fabric. It ended up a little too square so I added just a top and bottom border to get it a little more rectangular. I found the perfect border fabric.

I am getting better with machine quilting with each quilt that I do. It is not my favorite part of making a quilt but is one of those things that just needs to be done. I will mail it off tomorrow after I make sure I have the right mailing address.

I am now working on a Valentines Day Wall hanging for myself. I needed a little break from Quilt of Valor and these 2 projects have been just perfect. I will piece another top when I get the wall hanging done. I have a place in the living room for small seasonal quilts.

No comments: