Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Accuquilt Small Tumbler


One of my guild friends made a quilt with the small accuquilt tumblers. I loved it and ordered it online through Amazon with a really good price.

I picked scraps that were pastel in nature---pretty much. Once I sewed the top together it just seems a little short. I went through my panels and found this cute one. I put one on top and one of bottom but then it was too long and narrow. I removed the bottom one and it is just perfect.

I love the teardrop quilting pattern but it is time consuming and uses ALOT of thread. This time I went slow and made the sections much farther apart. This is really nice for charity quilts and gives me lots of practice.

This will go to a child in our local hospital.

2 comments:

Andi said...

What a great use for a panel! Lovely quilt.

Kathie said...

Very cute. A really like the look of the small tumblers though the big ones are great for large scale prints or if you are in a hurry and want a top done quickly.