Sunday, December 26, 2010

Quilt For My Beautiful Daughter



I had been collecting Batik Fat Quarters for a few months. I had also bought a couple of one yard cuts from a great sale. I decided to try the Drunkards Path using the templates from Back Porch Designs. There was a class using these at quilt camp this summer.

I was surprised at how easy they were to sew even tough it had curves. I used up all the scraps in the border.

The thread in my HQ broke a couple of times so I changed to a #18 needle---problem solved. I think that will be my standard needle from now on as I did my Christmas quilt using that and not one breakage.

5 comments:

Kathie said...

Wow Eileen, was this her Christmas present? It is beautiful.

I always use an 18 in my funquilter also and when I quilt batiks I spray them lightly with silicone spray first and that helps any breakage also.

Marina Louw said...

It is beautiful! What a lovely present!

Julia said...

This is beautiful. What a wonderful heirloom to pass on!

Debbie said...

Eileen, it's gorgeous! She must have been thrilled.

soozeedoozee said...

Oh my goodness. Your color choices and arrangement are wonderful!