Thursday, August 12, 2010

Block of the Month





My little online quilting community did a free block of the month last year. We picked our own fabric and I would post pictures of them each month. It was lots of fun and I gave my finished one to a very dear friend of my husband. He lives in Wisconsin and DH visited them this summer.

One gal chose to do her in red white and blue. She was going to donate the blocks to me to finish for a Quilt Of Valor. After I got this done all I could think about is how perfect it would be for her Marine son. I have learned to listen to that small voice telling me where certain quilts should go. He is deployed somewhere in the sand box protecting us day and night.

So here is the beauty all done except for sewing down the binding on the back. We will be together in North Carolina next month for a retreat and I will bring it to her there.

As soon as I put a quilt on the floor to measure for backing or batting, one of both of the dogs must inspect it close up. Here is Bogie doing just that. It passed HIS inspection---------------------whew.

No comments: