I have a pattern from Quilt In A Day that is for a large medallion type center. I finished that and realized I had made a mistake on it. But even a quilter would prolly not know what it was. So I combined the disappearing 9 patch blocks with this and ended up with this quilt.
I moved out more stash from the bright red white and blues. I also managed to quilt this one without one thread breakage on my Handiquilter. I do not think that has ever happened and I quilt really fast. If I slowed down some it would prolly work better.
There are 3 mistakes in this quilt but they are design type ones so it will be just fine. I made another center the right way so I will come up with a quick way to finish that top today.
I have seen versions of this pattern and never really liked it. I tried a couple of blocks and it was just too busy for my taste. Then I saw one where 4 of the blocks were a plain light color and one dark in the middle. It was hard to believe this was made out of just 5 inch charms.
I had a 20 pack of charms and added some of mine that would be a pretty good match. This quilt will go to the emergency room at our local hospital for a teen. We had a special request for some of these.
I have enough charms in a sports theme to make another one.
Here is the website where I found this wonderful version---
My little online quilting community did a free block of the month last year. We picked our own fabric and I would post pictures of them each month. It was lots of fun and I gave my finished one to a very dear friend of my husband. He lives in Wisconsin and DH visited them this summer.
One gal chose to do her in red white and blue. She was going to donate the blocks to me to finish for a Quilt Of Valor. After I got this done all I could think about is how perfect it would be for her Marine son. I have learned to listen to that small voice telling me where certain quilts should go. He is deployed somewhere in the sand box protecting us day and night.
So here is the beauty all done except for sewing down the binding on the back. We will be together in North Carolina next month for a retreat and I will bring it to her there.
As soon as I put a quilt on the floor to measure for backing or batting, one of both of the dogs must inspect it close up. Here is Bogie doing just that. It passed HIS inspection---------------------whew.
I have 3 more jellyrolls in my stash and decided to use one of these on this project. This is another fun and easy quilt. It will be going to Anna Marie Horner's Nashville project via her Mom. I will meet up with her on our online retreat in North Carolina next month.
I pieced the back using 4 different fabrics from my stash. The border also came from my shelf as well as the binding. the binding fabric was a gradient type that I had a hard time figuring out how to use. It came from an online store and I did not realize that is what it was. But it is perfect for this quilt.
I think I posted the picture of the quilt I made for Piecing Hope. This was a project organized by a church in New Hampshire for an orphanage in Africa.
These children have been orphaned due to the Aids epidemic. There were pictures and stories of the children. I chose the one I wanted and made her a quilt. Here are the pictures of her after she received it. We make many charity quilts and seldom hear anything about where they end up. But it sure is nice when we do.